Accessorising Ethnic Wear: From Jhumkas to Contemporary Jewellery

 Last month, I found myself staring at my reflection, feeling a bit "under-dressed" for my best friend’s engagement party. I had chosen a stunning outfit from Desi Rang; it was arguably the best kurta set with dupatta I’ve ever owned, featuring a deep indigo hue and delicate hand-block prints. The fabric felt like a dream, but as I looked in the mirror, I realised the outfit was a canvas that needed the right strokes of "jewellery paint" to truly come alive.

The Jhumka Transformation

While going through the old heirlooms of my granny, I discovered a silver jhumka, and I instantly knew with what outfit I was going to style them with. There is something truly magical about styling the silver jhumkas with kurta set with dupatta changes character the moment you put on traditional earrings. 

As I hooked the silver bells into my ears, the outfit shifted from "casual chic" to "festive elegance." The weight of the Jhumkas gave me a sudden urge to stand a little taller. For anyone looking to build a wardrobe, I’ve realised that investing in a high-quality kurta set with dupatta from a brand like Desi Rang provides the perfect foundation for these heavy, traditional pieces.

A Modern Twist for the After-Party

The dinner was about to begin, and I felt like I wanted to shift to something a little more casual and myself. I decided to experiment. I removed the huge Jhumkas and replaced them with a pair of smooth, modern gold hoops and a cool rose-gold bracelet.

I was not sure if the ethnic prints would be compatible with modern jewellery, and I was wrong. Modern lines provided a posh, girl-boss vibe to the classic clothing. It showed me that the most beautiful kurta set with dupatta is not only to be worn at a wedding; it can be turned into the right outfit when one changes accessories and puts it on during a gallery opening or a date.

Finding the Perfect Balance

The biggest lesson I learned that night was about the dupatta. At one point, I had draped it over both shoulders like a shawl, but it hid my jewellery. I decided to pin it to one side, letting the fabric flow freely. This small change highlighted the craftsmanship of the Desi Rang design while letting my layered necklaces shine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Universities Indian Students Prefer to Take Admission

Strategic Fulfillment Partnerships: The Key to Delivering Fast, Accurate, and Cost-Effective Experiences

Wholesale Fulfilment: The Quiet Engine of Scalable Commerce