How to build a global professional network while still in university

 I believed that networking is one of the things that you do once you are out of school, when I embarked on my study-abroad journey. I was wrong. As it happened, establishing a network of fellow professionals worldwide and at the same time being in university proved to be one of the most intelligent decisions I ever took, but it can be done if you get down to doing it at a young age.

Choose Universities That Encourage Industry Exposure

International universities have a thing; they make networking very easy. There are certain institutions that make it easy to network. Business-oriented schools such as the Keyce Business School and Aura International School of Management have constant visitor lectures, international workshops and alumni lectures. I even considered aspects such as theLondon school of business and finance Ranking to get familiar with the global recognition and reach to employers, even when I was researching the options.

Use Intakes and Timing to Your Advantage

Intake plays a crucial role in your career goals and networking. I found other students attending other countries by enrolling in off-beat intakes such as the winter intake in Germany, november intake in australia, and making arrangements in July intake in Australia 2026.

Similarly, jan intake universities in canada, september intake universities in canada and jan intake universities in usa receive different international batches. More exposure and diversity lead to increased international relationships for the students.

Networking Within Your Course, Not Beyond

In case you are studying technical or business degrees, such as ms in computer science in usa and ms in finance in usa, your peer students form your initial international network. Group work and case studies, as well as hackathons, aided me in establishing long-term relationships with students today working in various countries. Professors, too, are important- most of them consultants to industries or former executives of corporations. Be present, enquire and engage.

Final Thought

Honestly, this is something I would not have planned out. My conversation with the experienced study abroad consultants in Noida has assisted me in selecting universities and intakes that would provide excellent networking exposure rather than good rankings. It is how I discovered Meridean Overseas- they not only cared about admissions but also long-term career development.

You do not necessarily have to wait till graduation to create a global network. The correct university, admission, and counselling would then see your career take off on the first day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Universities Indian Students Prefer to Take Admission

Wholesale Fulfilment: The Quiet Engine of Scalable Commerce

Strategic Fulfillment Partnerships: The Key to Delivering Fast, Accurate, and Cost-Effective Experiences